Shelving Support SpecialistTo print PDF ...
Volunteer Job Description
Job Purpose: Maintain materials/ shelving.
Job Summary: Shelve and prepare materials for shelving including casing and checking materials for parts; has basic understanding of Dewey Decimal System; ensures items are returned to shelves in order; maintains library shelving appearance; and performs other tasks such as retrieving items to fill customer requests, shifting materials, and shelf reading for accuracy.
- Receives materials from blue boxes, tables, book drops other areas within the building; sorting materials by Dewey to prepare for shelving, checking materials for all parts and pieces, casing them as appropriate for shelving and being sure to identify any damaged items and share with library staffs.
- Delivers materials to the floor for shelving and shelve materials.
- Maintains quality results by following procedures and standards.
- Assists the public by offering assistance and obtaining appropriate staff to help answer questions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in workshops and scheduled meetings.
- Explores opportunities to add value to accomplishments.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related results.
- Works productively with others in a team environment.
- Represents the Friends of the Library and the Library in a positive light to the community.
- Competently demonstrates knowledge of the Dewey Decimal System.
- Manages time effectively.
- Is willing to assist with extra shifts when needed.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to meet attendance and punctuality standards at all scheduling points.
- Strong ethical Standards
- Uses time productively to accomplish goals
- Has effective organizational skills.
- Brings energy, enthusiasm and a positive outlook to the location.