Sales AssociateTo print PDF ...
Volunteer Job Description
Job Purpose: Serves customers by answering questions, providing directions, maintaining stock, tagging merchandise, itemizing and totaling customer’s purchases.
Job Summary: Greets customers; itemizes and totals purchases; discounts purchases; collects payments; provides pricing information; maintains checkout operations; helps to maintain an attractive and inviting store appearance; and performs other tasks as requested.
- Collects payments by accepting cash or check payments from customers; making change for cash customers.
- Sells memberships.
- Discounts purchases with appropriate ID from members; redeems coupons.
- Assists customers by providing price information and answering questions.
- Provides directions by guiding customers to merchandise areas.
- Maintains store appearance by arranging stock on shelves in sales area.
- Maintains quality results by following procedures and standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in workshops and scheduled meetings.
- Acquires knowledge of Library services in order to direct patrons to Library staff when appropriate.
- Enhances store’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Shares ideas for store promotion.
- Represents the Friends of the Library and the Library in a positive light to the community.
- Is willing to assist with extra shifts during special sales or if the store is short staffed.
- Speaks clearly and effectively.
- Is attentive to the needs of customers. Responds quickly and competently to customer requests.
- Is responsive and empathetic to customer needs.
- Demonstrates professionalism at all times.
- Works productively with others in a team environment.
- Pays attention to detail. Approaches work in a meticulous and thorough manner.
- Has excellent attendance. Strong work ethic. Uses time productively to accomplish work goals.
- Brings energy, enthusiasm and a positive attitude to the job.
- Aware of basic safety issues. Follows safety procedures and maintains a safe work environment.