Branch Book Sale / Special Projects AssistantTo print PDF ...
Volunteer Job Description
Job Purpose: Maintains, prepares and displays stock of books to be sold, and assists in the Branch with special projects or assignments relating to placing library books and materials on shelves in proper location in accordance with library procedure.
Job Summary: Prepares stock for sale by sorting and shelving stock; takes merchandise to sales area and displays in an organized, attractive manner; participates with others in special shelving projects in the Branch; and performs other tasks as requested.
- Receives stock by unloading boxes and carts of books and other materials
- Sorts books into assigned categories, checking for and sorting out damaged items
- Replenishes sales area by obtaining stock from workroom and placing on display
- Organizes displayed merchandise in a logical and attractive manner
- Maintains quality results by following standards and procedures
- Enhances library reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests
- Participates with others in special projects such as shifting part of the Branch collection from one area to another, or inspecting the order of material on the shelves for accurate and correct placement.
- Represents the Library and the Friends of the Library in a positive light to the community
- Performs other tasks as requested
- Able to competently analyze merchandise to display appropriately
- Manages time effectively
- Pays attention to detail. Approaches work in a meticulous and thorough manner
- Able to work efficiently with minimal guidance or supervision
- Ability to set priorities
- Committed to meeting quality standards
- Has excellent attendance and completes quality work in a timely manner
- Has strong work ethic.
- Brings energy, enthusiasm and a positive attitude to the job
- Is aware of basic safety issues. Follows safety procedures and maintains a safe work environment