Bookstore Shelver / SorterTo print PDF ...
Volunteer Job Description
Job Purpose: Maintain bookstore stock.
Job Summary: Prepares stock for sale by categorizing and shelving stock; has thorough understanding of bookstore pricing structure; maintains store appearance; assists customers; and performs other tasks as requested.
- Receives stock by unloading boxes; categorizing books (sorting by subject and value); checking for and sorting out damaged items.
- Replenishes bookshelves by obtaining stock from workroom; placing on shelves.
- Organizes displayed merchandise in a logical and attractive manner.
- Controls inventory by sorting out excess titles.
- Provides information to customers by answering questions.
- Maintains quality results by following procedures and standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in workshops and scheduled meetings.
- Enhances department and store reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Is willing to assist with extra shifts during special sales.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related results.
- Represents the Friends of the Library and the Library in a positive light to the community.
- Able to competently analyze merchandise to display appropriately.
- Is attentive to the needs of customers. Responds quickly and competently to customer requests.
- Manages time effectively.
- Works productively with others in a team environment.
- Pays attention to detail. Approaches work in a meticulous and thorough manner.
- Has excellent attendance.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Committed to meeting quality standards.
- Strong work ethic. Uses time productively to accomplish work goals.
- Has effective organizational skills. Keeps work area organized.
- Brings energy, enthusiasm and a positive attitude to the job.
- Is aware of basic safety issues. Follows safety procedures and maintains a safe work environment.